Menu

Hathi Download Helper not working after new website update

Anonymous
2023-07-27
2024-05-06
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-27

Is there an alternate solution for the time being to download Hathi trust books or creator can provide approximate timeline for the new update of the downloader as it would help many people.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-27

Please help, no more working.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-28

Need help, software is not working.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-28

"Get book info" works fine but unable to start download (button remains greyed out)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-28

Please update your genius tool as soon as possible. ❤️

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-29

So there is no update of HDH possible / planned? There were changes to Hathi in the past that you always had an answer for. We love you. :-(

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-07-29

The new download helper would help the society a lot. Please develop the same for us. We all would be very grateful.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-08-02

Please dear friend develop a new version ❤️😭

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-08-03

I knew you would return and that it will be possible somehow for you to update your tool to a working version (I was just thinking that if DTA - clearly an inferior method - works it can't be impossible). Take your time and, once again, thank you so much for not letting us down :-)

•  hdh-creator

hdh-creator - 2023-08-15

Here we are: HDH v1.2.3 is released.
    Thank you for your patience. Special thanks also to my little children, without whom the release would have been completed much earlier ;-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-08-16

Thank you so much dear friend, we hug you :-)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-08-17

1) The new update is not able to check "Protected by copyright Law" books and gets stuck at 1%

2) Can you please share an example links of image pages without the watermark, it would be really helpful.

3) The downloading gets stuck at 99% (Last page of the books) many times.

•  hdh-creator

hdh-creator - 2023-08-17

-> 1) That should not happen. I've crated a ticket:
      https://sourceforge.net/p/hathidownloadhelper/tickets/44/

-> 2) These are just images without the watermarks (timestamp, logos, etc.). The images are "cut together" from the original data so that there should be no artefacts or loss of quality. You can try it out by selecting any book, selecting Images as the download format and downloading e.g. only the first 10 pages with the "remove watermarks" option active

-> 3) There is a pending ticket regarding this issue:
      https://sourceforge.net/p/hathidownloadhelper/tickets/37/

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2023-08-22

Any update on any of the above issues.

If you could provide the URL for the images without the watermark, as the alternate method you have shared link of has watermarks(https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/imgsrv/image?id={ID NUMBER};seq={number};width=2000)

It would be really helpful for us and the downloader many times keeps on finalizing the download and then stops shows the item as cancelled.

•  hdh-creator

hdh-creator - 2023-08-23

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you. As far as I know there is no way to download image files without a watermark.
    You may can take a closer look at ticket #26

Last edit: hdh-creator 2023-08-23
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-04-24

Just to let you know, I'm trying to download some books that I know for sure are not in copyright, but I keep getting "in-copyright" and I'm unable to download the book I'm looking for. Any advice, people? Have a good day!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-05-04

Still dealing with the same problem. I know for sure a book is not in copyright, but HD Downloader keeps giving me an "'in copyright" message and I can't download anything... I'll appreciate any help on this

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-05-06

i dont know

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel