Gyachi Buddy Icon

2010-06-22
2013-04-23
  • Ghiunhan Mamut

Ghiunhan Mamut - 2010-06-22

It seems that gyachi doesn`t upload my buddy image anymore. I removed existing .yahoorc folder just to be sure. I tested gyachi 1.2.5, 1.2.6, 1.2.7, 1.2.8 and 1.2.9 . Older versions used to work few time ago. Now none of this versions is able to upload my buddy image. I removed .yahoorc folder everytime i tested a version. Maybe something changed in Yahoo! servers. I tested images of diferent sizes, and types from png to jpg. When i open a conversation with a buddy the message "Your buddy icon was sent" doesn`t apair anymore. Plus the message "Your buddy image was uploaded http://f36.yahoofs.com/msgr/lHKh3b0NLCj_A8eyr2gf9g-/.friend_icon.png?blablabla" doesn`t apair anymore.

• Greg Hosler

Greg Hosler - 2010-07-04

I been looking nto ths, recently… sadly, it appears that this is not a problem in regression. It appears to be a change in yahoo protocol from what I can wireshark.

Does pidgin support buddy images ? does this still work in pidgin ?

or any other open source ym ?

if yes, give me program and version, and i'll be able to fix this a lot quicker.

All the best,

-Greg

• Ghiunhan Mamut

Ghiunhan Mamut - 2010-07-04

In pidgin 2.7.1 it works perfect. I`ve used it a while.

But today i retested gyachi 1.2.9 and it works again. My buddy image was uploaded, and any Windows Yahoo! messenger buddy is able to see my avatar. Great!!!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks