Pyremote

Developers
Jeff B
2008-06-06
2012-09-14
  • Jeff B

Jeff B - 2008-06-06

I am trying to use Pyremote to do a lift height scan. Currently I am turning off feed back by setting the gains to 0 then using DSP_LM to lift 300 nm, but when I execute this code no lift occurs. is there an execute function that I need to use before it actually lifts. Below is the code that I execute. Is this even possible. Thanks for your time

Jeff

import emb
    print "hello Gxsm"
    emb.logev('CI=0, CP=0')
    emb.set ("DSP_CI","0")
    emb.set ("DSP_CP","0")
    emb.logev("Lift Height 3000A")
    emb.set ("DSP_dz","3000")
    emb.logev("Remote Scan Start")
    emb.startscan ()
    emb.logev ("Setpoint -5")
    emb.set("DSP_SetPoint","-5")
    emb.set ("DSP_CI","13")
    emb.set ("DSP_CP","10")
    print "Done."
    emb.logev("Done")

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2008-08-29

Is this still pending problem for you? Sorry, did not get back here for a while...

AW Feedback, you can always set CP=CI=0 via PyRemote.

For a lift mode, I may implement this in a more direct way...

• Jeff B

Jeff B - 2008-08-30

Hi Percy

Yes this is still a problem. I thought about setting CP=CI=0 via Pyremote, but if I manually set CP=CI=0 then do a lift (with the feedback not disabled) then after the lift is performed the tip approaches the sample. at this point I am not sure if the gains are still 0, I normally get scared and reset the gains. because of this I would assume that setting CP=CI=0 then performing the lift using pyremote would not work, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your time

Jeff

• Percy Zahl

Percy Zahl - 2008-06-12

Yes, you need to "execute" the DSP_LM, and unfortunately this is not yet hooked up or linked to the pyromte mechanism, but can be done....

• Jeff B

Jeff B - 2008-06-12

Hi Percy

Is this something that I could do with limited python knowledge? if so could you tell me where I might start. If not how long do you think it will be before this was implemented. Same goes for turning off feedback. Thank you so much for your time.

Jeff

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks