Menu

UML Diagram

2002-05-28
2003-06-26
  • Andreas Dieling

Andreas Dieling - 2002-05-28

Hello,

we want to use GVF for the visualization of biochemical pathways. We have to reassemble GVF, so it will fit our needs.

A good help for understanding GVF would be a more detailed UML-class diagram than the one found in the paper "An Object-Oriented Design for Graph Visualization" from the homepage.

Is something like this already available, and would it be possible to publish it?

thx Andreas Dieling

• M. Scott Marshall

Unfortunately, no such ready-made diagram is available. You can get a pretty good one automatically generated from the class files by downloading a product from TogetherSoft http://www.togethersoft.com/products/controlcenter/index.jsp . At least, that worked well about two years ago when it was included in the functionality of the free version of that java tool. It *was* pretty easy to use back then. Please let me know if it is not useful.

• Andreas Dieling

Andreas Dieling - 2002-06-14

Just for the feedback: We got a test licence for together, and they also offered us an free akademic licence.

The produced UML-diagrams were pretty neat :)

Andreas

• sam

sam - 2002-10-19

Andreas,

Do you mind to post the Generated UML diagrams somewhere? Or send it to my email address please?
      sy_cheung2@yahoo.com

Sam

• Marc Siramy

Marc Siramy - 2003-05-23

Hi, I'm interested to by these diagrams.
      Would someone send it to me at my email address : marc-siramy@fr.st , please ?

Marc

• M. Scott Marshall

When I used Together, it was only possible to export diagrams to graphics formats (e.g. pdf) with a full (paid) license, not with the free version. You are better off downloading the free version so that you can generate the diagrams yourself. It's fairly easy to do - just point Together at the top directory containing the class files.

• Marc Siramy

Marc Siramy - 2003-06-26

I tried this solution but it was impossible for me to go through the proxy server to obtain a licence.