HP deskjet 1280 on montain lion

Help
2012-09-17
2013-04-17
  • daniele_rossi

daniele_rossi - 2012-09-17

Hi, i did upgrade my system to mac os 10.8.1 and my printer, a A3 HP deskjet 1280, since then does not work any more.
    1. installation of gutenprint 5.2.9 did not solve the problem
    2. so I wonder if it was supported in previous version of gutenprint, since I don't see now listed in the last release.
    I guess yes but I can't find a list for supported printer in previous versions.
    3. is there a way to run a command to print via gutenprint even from terminal?
    4. is there a way to put manually .ppd files in system library or even to "build" ppd from terminal ?
    5. May I eventually import printer settings from an other mac computer running an old system (i.e. leopard) through bonjour/share ?

Any help is very appreciated"
    thank you

Daniele

• mbroughtn

mbroughtn - 2012-09-17

As you have discovered, the Gutenprint drivers do not support the DeskJet 1280.  To the best of my knowledge, no HP printers have been delisted, so it would appear that Gutenprint never supported this printer.

I would suggest you use the hpijs drivers from OpenPrinting.org.  See http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/hpijs