We are looking to put together a device which is able to send output to
multiple large LCD monitors using software we will develop. Unfortunately we
have very little hardware knowledge in this area, so I was wondering if
someone was able to point us in the right direction..
Our requirements for the device are as follows:
- able to connect to two (or preferably more) USB monitor adapters
similar to this: http://www.antonline.com/p_USB2VGAE-NX_576613.htm
- also able to connect to a USB flash drive, or otherwise able to have
access to several gigabytes of memory.
- ideally able to run Linux
- wireless connectivity would be valuable, but not required
- processor speed does not need to be extremely high
- no internal screen, keyboard input, or ide required
Any advice on which products might meet these requirements, or alternatively
other ways control several large monitors with a small device, would be most
Thanks in advance,
> able to connect to two (or preferably more) USB monitor adapters similar to
> this: http://www.antonline.com/p_USB2VGAE-NX_576613.htm
> also able to connect to a USB flash drive, or otherwise able to have access
> to several gigabytes of memory.
> ideally able to run Linux
There is linux support for some (possibly not all) the usb2vga
adapters out there. See
You should start by plugging one of these into a linux desktop machine
to see if it can be used there.
The overo boards are your best bet for gumstix support. I would think
older boards don't have fast enough usb transfers.