I have spent a couple of days building an image with the Asterisk
package selected. There are messages in the archive about Asterisk
patch errors and res_close errors.
It appears to me as if the asterisk-gsm.patch is not needed and that the
changes are already incorporated. The first part of the patch fails,
and the second part adds an extra endif that will have to be removed if
it is applied. I edited the Makefile and removed the extra endif,
edited the patch file and removed the patch that starts comparing at
line 310. You will need to delete the .rej file as well.
To solve the reference problem with __res_close - you need to first
build the default configuration. Then change to the
toolchain_build_arm_nofpu/uClibc and run: make menuconfig
>From the menu select networking support and then enable Support
Exit and save your configuration. Then go back to the gumstix-buildroot
directory and run make again.
I have built this using both Ubuntu 7.10 and FC8. I am new to gumstix,
buildroot and I don't consider myself to be a wizard when it comes to
compile and build tools - so if there is a better way - be sure to offer