My antenna is firmly attached. I can connect to the ap when I use "essid any" or if I use "ap <mac address>".
I noticed a few more oddities, too... 'Protocol' shows up as MRVL-CF8385 and the rts and frag thresholds are ridiculous values (2347B and 2346B).
I have changed one thing, but I highly doubt it's causing my problems. I knocked R2 off with my screwdriver while mounting the board (whoops!), so I looked at the schematic to see what value it was so I could replace it. There was no R2 in the schematic, so I looked at the layout:
Lo and behold, it's just a jumper, so I soldered on a rectangle of thin copper sheet to bridge the pins. As I said, I highly doubt this has anything to do with the problem (as several others have experienced it as well), but I figured it was worth noting.