Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------000806060308060100060100" --------------000806060308060100060100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ash / all, I did follow the setup instructions and yet I am still unable to connect. Windows already has the generic ADB driver installed, but I suspect the problem is more or less with USB it self. After a wait of 15-30 seconds after connecting the USB cable, windows it reports the device has malfunctioned (error code 43 - windows has stopped this device because it reported problems). Another person has suggested that the kernel is not enabling adb as it should. I *do not* see 'enabling adb' or 'adb_open' during my boot sequence. I've attached the boot.log, overo_android_defconfig and board-overo.c file in hopes you or someone can spot the problem. I look forward to hearing from you soon, Kevin On 3/22/2011 3:32 PM, Ash Charles wrote: > Hi, > > ADB seems to be working for me on a Gallop43 board. Connection should > be made via the USB OTG port after following the setup instructions > here: http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Usage#Using_ADB > > -Ash > > On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Kevin Kowalewski > wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> I've still not received a response from anyone concerning this. Has anyone >> had the Overo / Palo35 or Palo43 working with either USB OTG or USB HOST >> (for ADB)? >> >> Thanks, >> Kevin >> >> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Kowalewski >> wrote: >>> Hi, >>> >>> I'm having trouble building Android for the Overo that supports both OTG >>> (via the UTG USB port) and Host for ADB (via the host port). Do you know >>> where any documentation or patches surrounding these two issues are? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Kevin >> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >> Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the >> growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses >> are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software >> be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker >> today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar >> _______________________________________________ >> gumstix-users mailing list >> gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net >> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users >> >> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the > growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses > are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software > be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker > today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar > _______________________________________________ > gumstix-users mailing list > gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users --------------000806060308060100060100 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ash / all,

I did follow the setup instructions and yet I am still unable to connect. Windows already has the generic ADB driver installed, but I suspect the problem is more or less with USB it self. After a wait of 15-30 seconds after connecting the USB cable, windows it reports the device has malfunctioned (error code 43 - windows has stopped this device because it reported problems).

Another person has suggested that the kernel is not enabling adb as it should. I do not see 'enabling adb' or 'adb_open' during my boot sequence. I've attached the boot.log, overo_android_defconfig and board-overo.c file in hopes you or someone can spot the problem.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Kevin

On 3/22/2011 3:32 PM, Ash Charles wrote:
Hi,

ADB seems to be working for me on a Gallop43 board.  Connection should
be made via the USB OTG port after following the setup instructions
here: http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=Android_Usage#Using_ADB

-Ash

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Kevin Kowalewski
<kowalewski.kevin@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've still not received a response from anyone concerning this. Has anyone
had the Overo / Palo35 or Palo43 working with either USB OTG or USB HOST
(for ADB)?

Thanks,
Kevin

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Kowalewski
<kowalewski.kevin@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble building Android for the Overo that supports both OTG
(via the UTG USB port) and Host for ADB (via the host port). Do you know
where any documentation or patches surrounding these two issues are?

Thanks,
Kevin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the
growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses
are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software
be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker
today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar
_______________________________________________
gumstix-users mailing list
gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the
growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses
are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software 
be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker 
today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar
_______________________________________________
gumstix-users mailing list
gumstix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gumstix-users
--------------000806060308060100060100--