Media Player Classic -- Superb!

2009-06-27
2013-04-15
  • GoneToPlaid

GoneToPlaid - 2009-06-27

I downloaded MPC in the hopes that it would allow me to view a rented DVD since the DVD player (Cyberhome DVD player) connected to my TV set is dead. Who hoo! MPC worked splendidly and it allowed me to thoroughly enjoy watching the rented DVD on my PC. The interface and options are very intuitive to use. I love the fact that MPC simply had to be downloaded and run -- no installer!

To sum it up, MPC is one slick freeware movie viewer!

To the developers, your work and the ease of use for MPC made me one happy camper tonight. Earlier in the evening I quickly found out that Windows Media Player 11 happily provides me with links to purchase codecs to view DVD movies. That didn't thrill me at all. So I started searching the Internet for codecs and freeware DVD players. Lots of stuff I read about codecs included warnings that many times various third party codecs don't integrate well with Windows Media Player. So then I started searching for freeware stand-alone DVD players. 321 MPC kept popping up on various sites and forums as "recommended". So, after narrowing down my possibilities of free players to three or four choices, I decided to first try 321 MPC. After trying MPC, I didn't even bother with trying any of the other freeware DVD players since MPC was exactly what I was looking for -- a player that was simple and easy to use, that features a full screen mode, that had minimal overhead, and (surprisingly) was a stand-alone player. I couldn't have asked for a better DVD player, and best of all its free!

• Phil Littlefield

Yes it loaded well but in playing mp4 video i get no audio……any ideas..thank you

• rburrhead

rburrhead - 2011-03-05

can someone please tell me how to use 321 media player classic. can't find any help for it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks