Capturing an image from a movie

Help
Assaf Uzan
2009-02-22
2013-05-08
  • Assaf Uzan

Assaf Uzan - 2009-02-22

I was looking for a 'search' option in the forum but didn't find it.
    I'm sure the question was asked before, but I couldn't find it. Therefore:
    I'm trying to capture certain images from videos I'm playing, and I saw there's an option to save image with ctrl+I, but I got an error message "the 'save image' and 'save thumbnail' options do not work with the overlay  mixer video renderer. change the video renderer...".
    First of all, I have no idea where is it done :)
    Second of all, it might not even be the right option for capturing an image.
    (when I am trying the 'prntscrn' option I get a blank box, but it has nothing to do with MPC)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced :)

• Tim

Tim - 2009-02-22

The Search function for the forums is at the bottom of the Forums menu towards the top of the page.

The video rendering choices are in the Playback -> Output panel of the Options (View -> Options, or just hit the O key).  As the legend towards the bottom of that panel states, you'll have to choose an option that does not have a single asterisk (*).

• W W

W W - 2009-04-03

movie player classic captures images from video very nicely

• Stuart Halliday

Stuart Halliday - 2009-04-04

Not so nicely.

When I do it, I freeze the video, find the frame I want and then it seems to skip back a frame and screen grab that frame!

Most odd and annoying.

• Ulrilra

Ulrilra - 2009-04-04

Try ctrl+print screen (the print screen key is in the upper right of your keyboard. It might be labeled as [prt sc]). It will take a screen shot of whatever is being displayed on your monitor and copy it. After that you can just paste it into mspaint or any other image editing program and save it from there.

• Stuart Halliday

Stuart Halliday - 2009-04-04

Yes, but that doesn't copy the exact original image.

It just captures the converted image at whatever shape and size you happen to have the MPC window set to.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks