MPC in web pages

Help
JBeat
2004-09-18
2013-05-08
  • JBeat

JBeat - 2004-09-18

Hello,

I searched everywhere but can't seem to find any answers to this. I see other posts about this, but none with my specific problem. Basically I'm trying to use MPC to play video that is embedded in webpages. Right now, my system will only show realmedia (via the K Lite codecs, or the RealPlayer Alternative codecs... I don't know which...).  This is okay for sites that offer a choice of Realmedia or Windows Media, but unfortunately not all do. How does one go about playing a movie (from a site such as courttv.com, i.e.) when the only choice is windows media? I tried downloading the file, but the linked file is just a text file with the mms stream inside. I tried copy/pasting the mms to MPC's "open" dialog box, but I get a message "failed to render the file".

I should mention...  IE displays the "click to download wmp" box whenever I try viewing a file in a web page. (I always cancel it.) Not sure how to get IE to ask what program to use, so I can get MPC to open up..

I'm using Win98SE, with all windows updates, IE, DirectX, etc. I have the Win98SE version of WMP completely removed from my system, and only use MPC.

I tried the K-lite and Ace codec packages but can't seem to find the right way to do it. Been working on this for several day now without luck... Help please!!  Thanks

• JBeat

JBeat - 2004-09-24

anyone?

• BlindWanderer

BlindWanderer - 2004-10-01

you should be able to play streams in MPC. But you do need the MS codecs installed to do so (and some of them oddly require you to install WMP to install them).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks