realmedia alternative - volume control

Help
tomas
2004-04-01
2013-05-08
  • tomas

tomas - 2004-04-01

Hi,
    is there a trick? Everytime I start mplayerc with realplayer alternative 122 the volume control (wave) is set to 50%.
    ("normalize" is turned off.)
    Could the realmedia alternative let the mixer untouched?
    Tomas

• Dave

Dave - 2004-04-02

It's actullay a registry setting having to do with the Real ALT codecs.

If you are comfortable with the Windows Registry, open Regedit and perform a search for the word "RealNetworks".  I think there are 2 or 3 different Keys.

Open all the RealNetworks keys that you find... you should find a Sub-Key labeled "Volume".  Make sure you change the value from 50 to 100 in all the "Volume" keys that you find.

That should do it :).

• Dave

Dave - 2004-04-02

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="100"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\10.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="100"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="100"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="100"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\Preferences\Volume]
      @="100"

• tomas

tomas - 2004-04-02

Thank You Dave - it works fine!
        Do you know a parameter to have the volume untouched?

• Dave

Dave - 2004-04-03

Hi tomas.

I am glad that the "fix" worked for you :).

I am not sure what you mean by "a parameter to have the volume untouched"...

Once the changes I suggested have been made, any realmedia file played in MPC should start & remain at full volume.

One problem I noticed was with playing embeded realmedia on webpages.  The volume alway resets itself to either 50 or 75.

This is a problem with the Real ALT codecs and has nothing to do with MPC, because MPC is bypassed.

Is this the problem you are referring to?

• tomas

tomas - 2004-04-03

what I would prefer is:
            start of playing a realvideo without any change of volume - is that possible?

• Alan Davies

Alan Davies - 2004-09-30

I have been having a similar problem with real alternative 1.25 where it was setting the system wave volume to zero whenever I opened a real audio file.

That reg file from myie2user semi-cured the problem, but  my wave volume was being set to 100% whenever I opened a real audio file.

I discovered that if you change the values from "100" to "-1" then you volume controls will be untouched when you open a file.  Here's the reg file for you:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="-1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\10.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="-1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="-1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\RealMediaSDK\6.0\Preferences\Volume]
      @="-1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\RealNetworks\Preferences\Volume]
      @="-1"

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks