How to Turn Off Hardware Acceleration?

Help
Josh H
2008-11-24
2013-05-08
  • Josh H

Josh H - 2008-11-24

I have this problem where on the right side of the screen a pink and green bar appears that blocks the video. However, if I scale the video down to about 50% normal size, the bar disappears. I have already determined that this is a problem with my video card and hardware acceleration because in VLC and WMP when I turn off hardware acceleration the bar disappears. However, VLC takes alot of CPU and WMP messes up the subtitle timing, so i wanted to use MPC, but I haven't found an option to disable hardware acceleration. Anyone know if there is one?

Thanks,
    Josh H

• Yuri Khan

Yuri Khan - 2008-11-24

You can tune hardware acceleration system-wide in Control Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced | Troubleshoot.

• Josh H

Josh H - 2008-11-25

Thanks! That got rid of the bar, but now the audio is unsynced... I tried simply delaying it, but it continued to move farther and farther from the video/subtitles. Or it might be the other way around... Could using a different filter fix this? I don't completely understand what part the graphics card actually plays, maybe you have a better idea?

Thanks again,
      Josh H

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks