Video decoding freezes in Vista whenever a Windows authorization dialog pops up while I am playing a file. The audio continues to play, but the video freezes and MPC becomes unresponsive, and must be killed from the task manager.
My stats are as follows:
* MPC 184.108.40.206 Unicode set to "VMR9 (renderless)" with "regular offscreen plain surfaces"
* ffdshow r1723 Dec 24 2007
Would this be an issue with MPC or ffdshow?
For the benefit of anyone reading this: here is a workaround. The issue is caused by Vista's "Secure Desktop" feature.
1. Open the Local Security Policy manager (type "secpol.msc" into the Run box in the start menu).
2. Browse to Local Policies > Security Options.
3. In the right-hand pane, scroll down to the item labeled "User access control: switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation".
4. Double-click the item, set its value to "Disabled", and click OK.
Note that doing this disables exclusive access to the desktop when the UAC prompts appear, so it can make you vulnerable to malware that spoofs the authorization dialog.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.