2013-02-08
  • Etienne LORRAIN

Etienne LORRAIN - 2000-12-15

I did not write everything in the README file,
    I'll be happy to reply to any general question
    in this forum.

Etienne.

• Philip Gallagher

Please could you let me know how to fix the following problem?

I have got the error "Warning the disk  has two partitions with the same name 'part 1'" for both of my physical drives.

How do I go about fixing this? I haven't seen 'Part 1' as any label for my partitions. I have XP on one physical disk which doesn't want to boot. Done all the usual steps so I am investigating the situation with Gujin. Well done on such a versatile program btw.

I have a bit of an unusual setup which I haven't bothered going into! Also when I was downloading the 'instal' package  it seemed to have an error. The debian one I was going for (on the 64 bit Linux Mint) seemed to have  a zero file size and some kind of archive error, so I went for the older one which installed to Mint 9  (64 bit).

Thanks in advance for any help. I am not a complete newb but still quite weak at working without a GUI (althogh I am dipping my toes into command line stuff!)

Phil

• Etienne LORRAIN

Etienne LORRAIN - 2010-08-23

Thanks for telling me that gujin64 in install is an empty file, I did not noticed, I will regenerate and fix it tonight.
    Basically, you seem to have two partitions which are not recognized by Gujin, so they get the default name "part" followed by a number. It would be the case if you have two NTFS on two different disks as first partition.
    It is not a real problem (just a warning), having two partitions with the same name will only cause problem when booting Linux with the "root=LABEL=<partition label>" option - next Gujin version will be silenced if the partition name is the default.
    Unfortunately, I do not know what is the problem with your XP, it is not related with this "partition label" warning.

Etienne.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks