- USB drive 1GB
- gujin 2.8.1 installed on it
- ISO image downloaded from http://www.elivecd.org/
- In order to avoid problems with names, filename lenght I renamed the image to ELIVE.ISO
- gujin found the iso file and loaded it
- I added to the command line "fromiso=ELIVE.ISO" and fired
I am writing this thread from the booted elive.
for precision sake I noticed that on elive site a new version is available. the one I successfully tested is 1.9.56. Hopefully also 2.0 will be ok
Now with 2.8.2, elive can be booted as soon as elive*.iso is detected, just add to a gujin.cmd:
# File elive_2.0_Topaz_new-kernel_up001.iso fsname "Elive 2010-03-03" internal directory "/boot"
# Accept any ISOFS label starting with "Elive"
:Elive*:vmlinuz-22.214.171.124-elive-686:initrd.img-126.96.36.199-elive-686::Elive Normal Mode:boot=eli resolution
:Elive*:vmlinuz-188.8.131.52-elive-686:initrd.img-184.108.40.206-elive-686::Elive Graphical Problems:boot=eli hardscreen
# For those two accept any kernel starting with "vmlinuz", and accept the default initrd automagically
# found by Gujin; and display in the menu the string "(220.127.116.11)":
:Elive*:vmlinuz*:::Elive No Bluetooth (*):boot=eli resolution nobluetooth
:Elive*:vmlinuz*:::Elive No Mount Partitions Automatically (*):boot=eli resolution nomount