Installation with Docker - Authentication issue - mysql-port

Help
alex314159
2015-09-15
2015-09-17
  • alex314159

alex314159 - 2015-09-15

Hello,

I've followed the instructions to install Guacamole through Docker with a mysql database (on http://guac-dev.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html). It seems to install properly, I do see the login screen, however it fails to authenticate with guacadmin. Looking at the logs I get this message:
    ERROR o.g.g.n.b.e.AuthenticationProviderFacade - Authentication extension failed to start: Property "mysql-port" must be an integer.

Any idea what this means and how to sort it out? Do I need to override this mysql-port and where can I do it?

Thanks a lot,

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-09-15

This might be a regression due to the changes we made yesterday for GUAC-1291 ("Allow linking with non-Docker MySQL/PostgreSQL databases"). I'll check real quick.

• Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-09-15

OK - this should be fixed now. Please retry with the latest.

• alex314159

alex314159 - 2015-09-15

Michael, this is brilliant, thanks so much for your help! I managed to get through, though I had to use the root user for my mysql database instead of the one created by following your documentation - but this might just be me being a n00b at mysql. For info I was getting:

### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'myusername'@'xxx.xx.x.xx' (using password: YES)
    ### The error may exist in org/glyptodon/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
    ### The error may involve org.glyptodon.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
    ### The error occurred while executing a query

Thanks again!

Last edit: Michael Jumper 2015-09-17
  • Michael Jumper

Michael Jumper - 2015-09-17

For Docker, you will need to CREATE USER and GRANT using the IP address of the Docker container that will be accessing MySQL, or using the subnet that Docker uses for its containers, instead of localhost.

If the IP address or the subnet is not predictable, you can also omit the hostname from CREATE USER and GRANT entirely. In that case, MySQL will validate only the password, and ignore the IP address.