dependencies

2009-08-09
2013-04-04
  • Václav Kramář

1. I have exiftool 7.82, but GTKRawgallery says it requiers 7.41 or newer and does not start. What is wrong?

2. Please add TK dependency to README.

• Daniele Isca

Daniele Isca - 2009-08-10

What is the path of the exiftool binary? gtkrawgallery-0.9.5 expects to find it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

• Vaclav Kramar

Vaclav Kramar - 2009-08-10

I think it's /usr/bin/perlbin/vendor/exiftool. I'll check it and try to make a symlink.

• Václav Kramář

Symlink solves exiftool error, but now I finish with "Segmentation fault" (no more detailes in console).

• Daniele Isca

Daniele Isca - 2009-08-11

Try to reinstall!

• Vaclav Kramar

Vaclav Kramar - 2009-08-11

I already reinstalled few times because of testing a package I made (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29125). But do you really think that this can solve such trouble? It's a bit strange behavior.

• Daniele Isca

Daniele Isca - 2009-08-11

It was referred to source package. Please don't ask me for third party packages.

• Václav Kramář

The package was made on the same PC, so it is the same as installed directly via setup.py. I thougt I'm working on Linux, not Windows. :-(

If I go throught the dependencies list, i have:
      python 2.6.2
      pygtk 2.14.1
      gtk 2.16.5
      sqlite3 3.6.16
      python-pysqlite 2.5.5
      python-numpy 1.3.0
      imagemagick 6.5.4.8
      perl-exiftool

• Václav Kramář

perl-exiftool 7.82
      libglade 2.6.4
      dcraw 8.95

What of this can couse "Segmentation fault" error? Or how to debug this error?

• Daniele Isca

Daniele Isca - 2009-08-12

If you are going to make a "precompiled" package for any distribution, I cannot help you. Segmentation Faults should not be due to wrong dependencies, sometimes I got it
      after installation, so I thought to a compile error. Finally, if the original code was not hacked, try to reinstall from source following the Readme instructions.
      Regards!

• Vaclav Kramar

Vaclav Kramar - 2009-08-12

What a shame. I'm not going to install any SW outside the package management.

Regards and good luck

V.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks