This library is GTK+extra vesion 3. It is a useful widget set
complementary to GTK+ for creating graphical interfaces for the X Window
System. It is written in C and requires GTK+ version 2.x.
The official web site is:
GtkExtra requires the following packages:
- The GTK+ , GLib, Pango, ATK and cairo libraries
GTK+ 2.14.4 requires at least GLib 2.17.6,
Pango 1.20, ATK 1.13.0 and cairo 1.6.0.
- The TIFF, PNG, and JPEG image loading libraries. You most
likely have these installed on your system already. If not
these libraries are available from:
libtiff must be version 3.6.0 or higher.
- For generating GtkDoc reference docs and tutorial you need GtkDoc 1.8 , Docbook 4.5 with all dependencies
(docbook-to-man,docbook-xls,docbook-utils , openjade , jadetex , tex-common , sgmlspl ,texlive ,tipa ,etc)
See the file 'INSTALL'
In preparation. Read the header files and test programs in the directory
./src for further information and examples.
Release notes for GtkExtra-3:
- Gtk 2.x support.
- Cairo support implemented.
- Deprecating some widgets: GtkFileList, GtkIconFileSelection and GtkCheckItem.
- Documentation rewritten in GtkDoc format.
How to report bugs
Bugs should be reported to the GtkExtra mailing list.
You will need to create an account for yourself.
In the bug report please include:
* Information about your system. For instance:
- What operating system and version
- What version of X
- For Linux, what version of the C and GTK libraries.
And anything else you think is relevant.
* How to reproduce the bug.
Please include a short test program that exhibits the behavior. As a
last resort, you can also provide a pointer to a larger piece of software
that can be downloaded.
* If the bug was a crash, the exact text that was printed out when the
* Further information such as stack traces may be useful, but is not
necessary. If you do send a stack trace, and the error is an X error,
it will be more useful if the stacktrace is produced running the test
program with the --sync command line option.
Patches should also be submitted to gtkextra.sourceforge. If the patch
fixes an existing bug, add the patch as an attachment to that bug
Otherwise, enter a new bug report that describes the patch, and attach
the patch to that bug report.
Bug reports containing patches should include the PATCH keyword in their
keyword fields. If the patch adds to or changes the GtkExtra programming
interface, the API keyword should also be included.
Patches should be in unified diff form. (The -u option to GNU diff.)