Gtk2Hs - A GUI Library for Haskell based on Gtk+
Version 0.9.12 is now available from:
The source tarball and an installer for Windows are available. Packages
for various platforms should become available soon, hopefully including
Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, FreeBSD and Darwin.
Changes since 0.9.11:
* ps, pdf and svg cairo backends are now supported
* drag & drop support added
* can run mainGUI in GHCi after :reload
* Graphics.SOE.Gtk now works with threaded rts and GHCi
* Windows build now includes OpenGL and SourceView packages
* c2hs no longer chokes on some system headers (eg glibc-2.4)
* various bug fixes and minor code cleanups
* major overhaul of the code generator (will help binding Gtk+
Gtk2Hs feature highlights:
* automatic memory management
* Unicode support
* nearly full coverage of Gtk+ 2.8 API
* support for several additional Gtk+/Gnome modules:
* Glade visual GUI builder
* cairo vector graphics library
* SVG rendering for cairo
* OpenGL extension (works with HOpenGL)
* GConf, Gnome's system for storing app preferences
* SourceView, code editor widget with syntax highlighting
* the Mozilla browser rendering engine in a widget
* an implementation of the Graphics.SOE API
* extensive haddock API reference documentation
* multi-platform support with native look
* LGPL licence
Platforms and requirements:
* builds from source on Linux, Windows, MacOS X, FreeBSD and
* builds with GHC 6.2 - 6.6.1
* works with Gtk+ version 2.0 through to 2.10
* SVG support requires librsvg version 2.16 or later
Please report all problems to gtk2hs-devel@...
Contributions and feedback are also most welcome.
Windows release notes:
The installer expects GHC 6.6.1. As always if you need a build for a
different version of GHC then that's possible by building from source.
The windows build now includes the gtkglext and sourceview packages, but
not svgcairo as that has pretty heavy dependencies. This makes the
download a bit bigger, but on the other hand currently it includes
support for only one GHC version, so overall the installer is rather
smaller than in the last release.
(on behalf of the Gtk2Hs team)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.