Dear Gnutella fans,
A bug-fixing release has just been uploaded to sourceforge.
You may also get it through Gnutella via:
This quick re-release after 0.98.1 was made necessary due to problems on
recent Ubuntu, where X programs are multi-threaded and our malloc() replacement
was not expecting to run under such circumstances.
This was also the pretext to finish the IPv6-Ready implementation by
adding geo-localization for IPv6 addresses as well.
Here are the changes since 0.98.1, as listed in the ChangeLog file:
# v 0.98.2 2011-12-30 [stable]
This is a minor patch to support systems running latest Ubuntu systems,
and maybe others which create multiple threads for GTK programs: our
xmalloc() implementation replaces the system's malloc() but it was not
safe to use in multi-threaded environments.
- [GTK] Added option to discard results from banned GUIDs (set by default).
- [GTK] Display results from servents with a banned GUID in "hot pink".
- Updated turkish translation.
- Added IPv6 geo-localization database (from Maxmind).
- Added dynamic IPv6 hostile support.