All these comments apply to 0.95 stable.
- When doing searchs you get a popup listing
information about the file, it's SHA hash, etc. In the
download pane this information is no longer available.
- For the sources column in the downloads there you
should get a brief popup describing the values (like
what 1/0/7 means), similar to the one over the progress
- In the Downloads/Files tab, a file hangs around even
after I've told it to be cleared from the "Active
Downloads" tab. It's marked finished and from reading
other bug reports, the "Purge" button is not a safe
thing to do here...
- When doing searches, files you already have or are
already downloading or queued should be marked in some
way. Not hidden, but maybe a different colour.
- The table in the Downloads/Files tab doesn't seem to
have a right click menu...
- There doesn't seem to be a way to prioritize
downloads, especially w.r.t. bandwidth limiting. For
example, I might decide a file should be given more
bandwidth than another, given the choice. And files
which are 96% done should get a higher priority than a
file barely started.
- On Limewire it can show you a list of your files as
well as how many times search terms have matched that
file. Something like that would be very useful.
- It'd be nice to be able to rename files on the way
in. Not just turn spaces to underscores but actually
allow me to edit the saved filename when complete.
- Finally, it would be nice to close the GUI and have
gnutella just run in the background doing downloads,
etc. Reconnect later to see how it's going. This would
require seperating the GUI from the server so I'm not
really expecting this to happen anytime soon... :) It
would actually be enough for a seperate program to just
connect and continue the unfinished downloads.
Keep up the good work.
Log in to post a comment.