Menu

Suggestions

Game World
2006-05-27
2013-03-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I know that this has just recently started, but there should be an increase in size. It is really small at the moment. So expansion is the key right now.

• Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith - 2006-05-27

Yes, it is quite small at the moment.  This was deliberate, as I wanted players to be able to find each other without having to traipse through hundreds of rooms, but I have realised that it does make the game quite limiting.  So, more rooms will definitely be appearing soon!

Cheers.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Perhaps there are ways of dealing with both issues, perhaps by having rooms rich in possibilities, I don't mean rooms stuffed with loads of items but rooms, items and characters that can be interacted with in lots of ways. Characters could respond to any number of stimuli. And another way of dealing with it is to give players large, expansive areas to explore but keep them coming back to the same few central locations in order to do things, such as trading, so that they still see each other frequently.

• Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith - 2006-05-31

That's a good idea - keep the players coming back to a central location regularly.  I think AmmoNation (soon to be renamed) is that kind of place.

Getting characters to respond intelligently is a problem; as you can imagine, people say all kinds of things to them!  Still, they should react to the players actions intelligently - like if they shoot them!