Menu

Robbing the bank

Help
2006-06-12
2013-03-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I came in to the bank, gunned down the security guard, and demanded that the teller give me the money.  The teller responds "Is this a hold up?"  I have tried responding with "Yes", "This is a hold up", and pretty much every intelligent request I could think of... how do I communicate to the teller that it is indeed a hold up?

• Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith - 2006-06-13

Erm, sorry about that.  The game is still being developed, and I've only recently added the bank, and hadn't implemented the facility to rob it.

I've written the code now though, so feel free to see how much cash you can get your hands on before the cops arrive.  Let me know how you get on.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I was able to rob the bank, the teller kept handing me $5 bills, but the cops never showed up. My wanted level was a two, so once I left and came across a cop, they tried to kill me.

• Stephen Smith

Stephen Smith - 2006-06-26

I had another go myself, and you're right.  It uses a random function to determine when the police arrive - when I first tested it I must have been "lucky", cos the cops turned up in a timely manner (and promptly massacred me).

I've now increased the chance of them appearing (and also randomised the amounts that the teller gives you).

(I could, of course, give the excuse that it was the advanced AI that caused the cops to lay in wait for you, but unfortunately it wasn't. :-( )