From: Tim Janik <timj@gt...> - 2003-06-21 20:11:59
BEAST/BSE version 0.5.2 is available for download at:
BEAST (the Bedevilled Audio SysTem) is a graphical front-end to
BSE (the Bedevilled Sound Engine), a library for music composition,
audio synthesis and sample manipulation. The project is hosted at:
This new development series of BEAST comes with a lot of
the internals redone, many new GUI features and a sound
generation back-end separated from any GUI activities.
The most outstanding new features are the track editor which allowes
for easy selection of synthesizers or samples as track sources, loop
support and unlimited UnDo/ReDo capabilities.
Note, the .bse file format hasn't fully stabilized yet, so
incompatibilities with future versions may occur, though we're
making every possible attempt to maintain backwards compatibility.
Overview of Changes in BEAST/BSE 0.5.2:
* Implemented unlimited Undo/Redo facilities
* Tracks now support waves directly as Synth input
* Added wave/synth selection dialog for tracks
* Major improvements to file/wave selection dialogs
* Added ability to monitor PCM output to WAVE files
* Reenabled sample rate adjustments in preferences
* Fixed signal handling in scheme
* Fixed time zone handling
* Upgraded to Guile-1.6
* Adapted code to gcc-3.3/g++-3.3
* Documentation improvements
* Robustness fixes to LADSPA loader [Sam Hocevar]
* Improved documentation building process [Alper Ersoy]
* Image (Logo) improvements [Alper Ersoy]
* Bug fixes for 64bit archs [Sam Hocevar]
* Miscellaneous major and minor code fixes
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.