current probing

Help
Toby
2011-01-12
2013-03-26
  • Toby

Toby - 2011-01-12

I cannot find a clean way to probe the currents of a component.
    Tweaking the ".print" line of the simulation file generates the data (and is overriden all the time ;-(
    but labels etc are tied to "V(…). Does gspiceui support current probing at all ?
    Toby

• Mike W.

Mike W. - 2011-01-17

The list of parameters on the right of the GUI is the probe type.
    Select current and you will probe the component current.

Mike W.

• Toby

Toby - 2011-01-17

Mike,

I've got two voltage sources named V_V1 and V_V2. The "Parameteres" box to the right shows voltage activated and everything else (e.g. current) greyed out. This holds for all simulation types. I cannot pick current for probing. Do I need a different ( newer) version ? I'm running 0.9.98 alpha, the one part of the Ubuntu 10.04 repositories …

Furthermore, I'm confused by the fact that I can pick probing type just for the singe, sweept source.
    How about the fixed sources ?

Toby

• Charles McDowell

Mike,

Does this work for windows yet?  I built the application using MinGW and I see the GUI working but when I try to simulate the circuit it fails with "Unknown Error".  I have both ngspice and GNUCAP installed in the same directory.  Both of these applications work independently.

• Mike W.

Mike W. - 2011-01-20

Hi Toby,

I haven't tried to compile gspiceui under Windoze. The last time I did any Windoze development was decades ago, probably under Win95 or maybe Win98. I wouldn't know where to start these days.

Having said all that I recognise that there are some people out there who don't use Linux. So I could support you in you're efforts to getting it going if you like.

Let me know.

Mike W.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks