Build Help

Help
Anonymous
2010-10-18
2013-04-19
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-10-18

I'm having trouble compiling, it works fine up until

g++-4.1 -o Britefury/Background/BackgroundMesh.so -g -lglib-2.0 -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0 -shared cpp/Background/BackgroundMesh/PyBackgroundMeshLib.os cpp/Background/BackgroundMesh/PyBackgroundMesh.os -L. -lpython2.6 -lboost_python -lGL -lGLU -lMath -lCompGeometry -lFileIO -lGraphics -lLogGrid -lMesh -lModel -lPainter -lPolyBlend -lPolyline -lProduct -lRTType -lTransformation -lUtil -lUVMap -lView -lGraphViewHelper -lGroup -lBrush -lBackgroundModel -lImportExportFilterObjImport -lPlatformSpecific
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lBackgroundModel
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    scons: *** [Britefury/Background/BackgroundMesh.so] Error 1
    scons: building terminated because of errors.

ld is the linker right, so is this not finding a library?

• Chris

Chris - 2010-11-09

I too get stuck at this part.  I will offer to make a .deb file and a ppa if I could get this running on linux. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Chris

Chris - 2010-11-10

After looking into it a little more, i think, like the above poster said, that scons is looking for the BackgroundModel library and not finding it.  This library doesn't exist in the source download. I think the library may actually be named BackgroundMesh.  The SConstruct file has BackgroundModel listed under cppLibs, so I'm going to try to change it to read BackgroundMesh to see if that works.

-Chris

• Chris

Chris - 2010-11-10

ok, that seemed to work!  Finally got gSculpt to compile on Linux.

Going to read up on creating debs and ppas.

-Chris