gscan2pdf - A GUI to produce a multipage PDF or DjVu from a scan.
Only two clicks are required to scan several pages and then save all or a
selection as a PDF or DjVu file, including metadata if required.
gscan2pdf can control regular or sheet-fed (ADF) scanners with SANE via
libsane-perl, scanimage or scanadf, and can scan multiple pages at
once. It presents a
thumbnail view of scanned pages, and permits simple operations such as
cropping, rotating and deleting pages.
OCR can be used to recognise text in the scans, and the output
embedded in the PDF or DjVu.
PDF conversion is done by PDF::API2.
The resulting document may be saved as a PDF, DjVu, multipage TIFF file, or
single page image file.
Much refactorisation of code was carried out to allow more regression
tests and reduce duplication. The libsane-perl frontend feels much
snappier as a result.
Changelog for 1.1.0:
* Fix applying default settings to widgets in scanimage dialog
Closes debian bug #682818 (Presets aren't working)
* Fixed bug editing OCR output.
* Add profiles to libsane-perl frontend
* Fixed switching to last directory on open/save
* Fixed extracting image resolution in non-English locales
Closes bug 3572463 (After update suse 12.2 pdf blank page)
* Much refactorisation of code to allow more regression tests
and reduce duplication
* Fixed bug importing multipage PDF
Closes bug 3574898 (Always imports all pages of a PDF)
* Update to German translation (thanks to Jari)
* Update to Greek translation (thanks to Stavros Kakaliantis)
* Update to Gujarati translation (thanks to Vishal Goswami)
* Update to Occitan (post 1500) translation (thanks to Cédric VALMARY)
* Update to Turkish translation (thanks to Utku BERBEROĞLU)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.