Works just fine under OS X!

Help
Rob Frohne
2005-01-09
2013-03-18
  • Rob Frohne

Rob Frohne - 2005-01-09

Hi,

I just wanted to report that it works just fine under OS X.  I haven't hooked up a rig yet, but the hamlib dummy rig comes up just fine.

Thanks!

Rob

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2005-01-10

Hello Rob,

Thanks a lot for reporting! I really appreciate.

Alex

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm running OS X 10.4.2.  The configure works just fine but when I try to do the make I get the followin error:

main.c: In function 'reopen_modules':
      main.c:248: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'satmodules_get_modules' differ in signedness
      main.c:255: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of 'satmodules_get_modules' differ in signedness
      make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
      make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks,
      Dana   N1OFZ

• Nobody/Anonymous

Found that there were some other libraries needed outside of the ones listed in INSTALL.  Now the configure and make work without error. 

However, gpredict does not run if compiles with Tiger (10.4).  Apple made some kernel changes and when you run grpedict you get a 'Expected in: flat namespace' error.  This is becasue it has a problem dynamically linking to libgnorba.  It appears to compile and run properly under Panther (10.3).  You can even take the binary from a Panther machine and run it on Tiger.  Hopoefully there will be a fix soon.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-08-08

I also got it to compile under 10.3.9, but when I tried to make it communicate with my AR3000A it did nothing.  The AR3000A works fine with rigctl so I know that hamlib is able to talk to it. 

So to say it works fine under OS X is incorrect.  More accurate would be "It compiles just fine under OS X 10.3.9".

Hopefully someone will get this figured out.  It would be great to be able to use grig under OS X.

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2005-08-13

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it, since I know practically nothing about OS X.

Nevertheless, this problem sounds much like what has also been experienced on BSD systems: The program starts up and initialises fine but the daemon, which executes the hamlib commands in a cycle, never starts. We didn't sort that issue out yet, but one can try to play around with the --delay and --nothread command line options. Also, set the debug level to at least 3 to catch any warnings or errors that may be reported.

Regards
        Alex

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-08-24

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am in the process of moving to another state and so haven't had the chance to try this.  After the move I'll check to see if I can get any further using the options you have suggested.

• Nobody/Anonymous

could someone send me the compiled app. unable to compile on 10.4.8 kc5gtt@techmax.biz

• Bill

Bill - 2010-11-04

Hi
    I'm having the same problem with hamlib not being found. It is installed and I can run it, version is 1.2.12 on OSX 10.6.

I think I posted this somewhere else on accident, it appears it should be here.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/groundstation/forums/forum/80394/topic/3928846
    I tried updating the sys variable like above even adding additional pkgconfig location, my variable was empty, and grig configure still can't find that i have hamlib installed.  Any ideas?

Thanks