larry
2006-10-04
2013-03-18
  • larry

larry - 2006-10-04

installtion problem

configure:20940: checking for HAMLIB
    configure:20948: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "$hamlib_modules"
    Package hamlib was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `hamlib.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    No package 'hamlib' found
    configure:20951: $? = 1
    configure:20966: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "$hamlib_modules"
    Package hamlib was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `hamlib.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    configure:20969: $? = 1
    configure:20998: error: Hamradio control libraries 1.2.5 or later not found...
             can anyone help please

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2006-10-04

The message means that hamlib is not found. If you know that you have it installed (ie. can execute the rigctl program), you can probably fix the problem by addig /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to you PKG_CONFIG_PATH

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

Needless to say, I am very puzzled by your previous message posted few days ago

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1579907&forum_id=80395

where you wrote that you have grig and gmfsk up and running.
      I didn't reply to that one, because I don't understand what you are trying to do with grig and apache; these are two completely different things and have nothing to do with each other. Grig is a standalone desktop application and will not run via a webserver/apache.

You also wrote that your radio is not in the list of supported radios. This means that neither grig nor gmfsk will be able to control your radio.

Alex

• larry

larry - 2006-10-05

Yes exactly what I don't understand. Where do I add export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig   

That is to which line in which file??? As for the rest, I'm trying to reinvent the wheel. I had a HD crash, so I had to start over again and I don't remember how I solved the problems before. Larry 

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2006-10-05

You can type it in the terminal, you are compiling grig in.

As an alternative, you can copy the /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/hamlib.pc file to the /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ directory.

• larry

larry - 2006-10-06

Thank you, I'm up. grig, that is. I think I have hamlib installed in the right directory. I have it in usr/local/apache2. Is the correct directory  /usr/local ? And gmfsk should it be there also? Larry

• kb1gtt

kb1gtt - 2007-04-15

I'm wondering how one interfaces gpredict with a radio. I see hamlib lists my TM-D700A as a radio, I've installed hamlib, but I don't see how to get it to work with gpredict.

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2007-04-15

Gpredict can't control radios yet. This feature is still to be implemented (but on top of the TODO list ;-).

Alex OZ9AEC