Menu

GRIG and Gnome 2.x

Help
2004-01-22
2004-01-23
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Is there any chance of a version of GRIG working with Gnome 2.x anytime  soon?

None of my systems have had 1.x installed for a long time and I'd rather not back out the existing Gnome 2.x installs.

Ken,  N7IPB

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2004-01-22

Hi Ken,

You can use grig, even if you are using the Gnome 2 Desktop (I use the Gnome 2 Desktop as well). Grig does not require any particular desktop, it only requires the gnome 1.4 widget libraries. There is no problem whatsoever in having both the gnome 1.4 and 2.x libraries installed on the same system.

As a matter of fact, all Linux distributions that I know of, have both versions included, because there are too many nice programs which have not been ported to Gnome 2 yet.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to do the porting in the near future. I'll be temporarely colocated to France from the 26. of january, and I have no idea of how much spare time coding I will be able to do :((

Alex
      OZ9AEC

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks Alex,

I should have looked harder on the SuSE 9.0 dvd.  Sure enough there were the older libs. 

Installed them,  commented out the rotor code that required hamlib 1.3 and got a clean compile.

Now I may have to learn how to hack gtk code to add transmitter support.

Ken,  N7IPB