Menu

xml output problem

2018-06-10
2018-06-12
  • Paddysomnang

Paddysomnang - 2018-06-10

Dear all,
    I am using Gridlabd-4.0_RC1. I have some question related to the ThreeDayCourse_v22. For powerflow example in Day1, I run the IEEE_4_node.glm and IEEE_37node.glm.
    first, I would like to know what is the output of IEEE_4_node.glm that i suppose to get ? is it the xml file?
    second, when i run the IEEE_37node.glm, i get 2 xml files. but when i open those xml file, i see nothing. what is the problems with this?
    I have uploaded all the files below. I really need some help with these problem. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.!

Last edit: Paddysomnang 2018-06-10
    • Frank Tuffner

Frank Tuffner - 2018-06-12

Hello Paddysomnang,

The XML files you attached are not empty. The style sheets don't always work, but the XML files are full of the information. Adjusting the XML to get the proper style-sheet, is quite frankly, more trouble than it is worth. Viewing them in a text editor is usually the best way to utilize them. The XML files include many things, such as the voltage values of the powerflow solutions. That is their main "output purpose" for the exercises.

As a secondary note, the ThreeDayCourse_v22 files are meant to be used with the various PowerPoint files in the same folder (I'm assuming you found them).

Unfortunately, the three-day course material is a little old. We highly recommend people use the files in the OnlineTutorialv22 folder, with the webinar files recorded here. There's also the tutorial located here, which is much more up to date and a better "Getting Started" guide.

-Frank

• Jason Fuller

Jason Fuller - 2018-06-12

Paddysomnang,

To second what Frank said, I only use the XML when I'm trying to diagnoses a problem, as it is a single snapshot of the world (but the entire world). Recorders and other time-series variants are much more aligned with time series.

Also, the support for XML in browsers is not as strong as it used to be. If you like using XML, I'd suggest a more dedicated tool, which will tabulate and format the outputs (as opposed to a text editor, which leaves all the XML coding in there, too). I use xmlShell, but there are a number of different ones out there.