aro - 2018-10-14

Hello Hongda Ren

Use these files .
    I hope to be useful

-aro

• Hongda Ren

Hongda Ren - 2018-10-15

Hello Aro,

It works very well, thank you very much!
      Appreciate your help!

Hongda

• Hongda Ren

Hongda Ren - 2018-10-15

Hello Aro,

I have one more question about active power output of Diesel Generator. I run csv files and glm model and the transient part looks good. But after transient part, the active power output ramp up and mechanic power keep constant.
      The only event is that the load 617 changes. Could you help me look at the model?
      The attachment is DG record.

Thank you,
      Hongda

• aro

aro - 2018-10-17

Hello Hongda Ren
        really I do not know!!!
        But I changed the following statement.

#define rotor_convergence=0.00000000000001

And I think the problem is solved.
        -aro

• Hongda Ren

Hongda Ren - 2018-10-17

Hello Aro,

Appreciate your help and test! Once I guess it could be governor to adjust active power output. I think the load drop should result in output reduction of DG. The meseasurement of active power increase out range of its capacity. It seems wierd.
          By the way, could you please explain the meaning of rotor_convergence? Is it tolerance of solution of differential equations fo dynamic model?

Thank you,
          Hongda

• Frank Tuffner

Frank Tuffner - 2018-10-24

Hello Hongda,

When we finally get the wiki updated, hopefully things like this will be more clear.

The rotor_convergence variable is usually applied to the rotor_speed_convergence property of the diesel_dg object. It basically controls when the diesel_dg object thinks it has reached steady state, and allows GridLAB-D to exit deltamode and go back to quasi-steady-state simulations. This is basically a very simple check on the rotor_speed variable to see how much it changes between iterations -- when it is less than the specified tolerance, GridLAB-D can exit back to the quasi-steady-state mode.

-Frank