Menu

Build GridLAB-D v5.2 on Windows

Loraine
2024-06-20
2024-06-24
  • Loraine

Loraine - 2024-06-20

Dear all,

I have tried to install latest version of GridLAB-D with no success following the instructions posted on https://gridlab-d.shoutwiki.com/wiki/CMake_Build

I do not know what the problem is. I am using Windows 11, MSYS2 MINGW64 and CMake version is 3.29.5.

I am attaching the step I followed :
    1: git clone https://github.com/gridlab-d/gridlab-d.git
    2: git submodule update --init
    3: cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/software/GridLAB-D -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -G "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" .. (This is after doing mkdir cmake-build)
    4: cmake --build . -j8 --target install

I would appreciate your guidance in solving this problem.

Thanks,

Loraine

Last edit: Loraine 2024-06-20
  • Andy Fisher

Andy Fisher - 2024-06-21

Hi Loraine. There was a recent build issue encountered with the latest msys2 environment. It has been fixed in the develop branch of GridLAB-D. A release with the fix is scheduled for the end of the month.

• Loraine

Loraine - 2024-06-21

Thanks, Andy, for your answer. I was able to install GridLAB-D succesfully on Linux .

I have the following question:

Is Matlab-link functionality still available in this version? If so, what are the variables that I should use at build generation?

Last edit: Loraine 2024-06-21
    • Frank Tuffner

Frank Tuffner - 2024-06-24

Hello Loraine,

Unfortunately, we deprecated the MATLAB functionality a couple versions ago (v5.0 or v5.1 silently stopped including it). The preferred approach at the moment is to use the HELICS cosimulation platform as the communication method between GridLAB-D and MATLAB (among other things). Due to how the MATLAB API kept changing and some of the limitations of our existing implementation, HELICS probably provides the most capability to interface with MATLAB at the moment.

-Frank

👍