The really basic stuff for a WinXP install, please.
What to download -OK, download the GUI, that's obvious- and GREYCstoration? And libraries, and maybe a C compiler???
1. Download the latest GREYCstoration 2.5.2 windows version and extract. You will see an extracted file named GREYCstoration_pc_win32.
2. Download GREYCstorationGUI_0.1.1 into a folder
3. Copy GREYCstoration_pc_win32 from step 1 and paste in GREYCstorationGUI folder.
4. Install ImageMagick windows version.
5. In GREYCstorationGUI_0.1.1 directory click the gui file to run.
6. Enter the default parameters:
Greyc Gui parameters:
Smooth strength 20
Contour preservation 0.1
Smooth anisotropy 0.5
Noise Scale 0.3
Geometry regularity 1.4
Number of iterations 1
7. Browse and choose picture to restore, then hit restore button at bottom and watch it happen.
8. When done, hit S key to save final image which is stored in ImageMagick and you will have to transfer to wherever folder you want. I have not been able to direct the saved image to the destination folder automatically.
Good luck. It works, and the result is astounding.
Will try it soon...
In step 3, change the name GREYCstoration_pc_win32 to GREYCstoration_win32
Does GREYCstorationGUI need ImageMagick installed to run (I really have no need for it)? If so where can I find a compiled copy (all that I can find is the source code)?
The problem I have with GREYCstorationGUI now (without ImageMagick installed) is I get the error message:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded
I've Googled myself silly and can't find a way to overcome that problem.
This is on a WinXP Pro SP2 system with all of the latest OS updates.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.