"Export collection" is not working

Help
2000-10-28
2000-11-01
  • Piotr Kozbial

Piotr Kozbial - 2000-10-28

I have installed precompiled version (2.26) on SuSE Linux 7.0 and clicking on "export collection" does not work. There is an error message "_collector:exptcontent_".

The precompiled version installs on my Linux without any problem, but compilation from the source does not work. The source contains script files without rwx permission (lacks permission to execute). I have corrected all permission problems but I was not able to comile it from source due to compilation errors.

Please let me know about possible solution for those problems. Do you need more info about compilation errors?

Best regards,
    Piotr

• Gordon Paynter

Gordon Paynter - 2000-11-01

Hi, Stefan (who develops the collector) says that the "export collection" button is not implemented yet, so the error you report is normal.  We'll probably remove it soon.

The Collector is new software, so if you've had any other problems with it, we'd like to hear about them.  For best results, email greenstone@cs.waikato.ac.nz.

As for the compilation errors, we work on Slackware and have had some reports of problems on other platforms (particularly with those that use g++ version 2.95+).  The best way to get help is to post to the Greenstone mailing list; instructions for joining are on the Greenstone homepage.

Again, it would be great if you could email your errors to  greenstone@cs.waikato.ac.nz so we can have alook at what is wrong.

Thanks for the feedback,
      Gordon

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks