Menu

When will new GS be available for download as ZIP (!) archive?

Help
Thomas
2015-11-11
2015-11-11
  • Thomas

Thomas - 2015-11-11

As I already noticed for the previous GS version v12.7 I also miss the ZIP archive for the new version v1.2.8 for download.

At least it is NOT listed here:

http://getgreenshot.org/version-history/

When will it be available resp. where else can I download the *.zip package?
    I prefer portable software

Last edit: Thomas 2015-11-11
  • Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2015-11-11

Hi Thomas,

we are in the progress of moving away from sourceforge, and due to multiple distractions (read the coming blog post) our website isn't ready yet. Our downloads are currently hosted on github, still I advice you to use the new website as soon as it is ready otherwise we can never move. :)

For now you can find everything you need here: https://github.com/greenshot/greenshot/releases/tag/Greenshot-RELEASE-1.2.8.12

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Thomas

Thomas - 2015-11-11

Ok, thank you. It works.

However a big fat remark on the mentioned download page and a link to the new github page for other users would be very recommended.

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2015-11-11

We don't want to link to the generic github page, as this has a few major disadvantages:
    1. We can't upload stuff, make people who reported bugs shortly test it before we really "release" them.
    2. People will only look at this page, eventuell miss important information!
    3. If we have problems with github, maybe due to technical issues while uploading, it should be possible to switch to a different platform.
    4. and last, but not least, as Greenshot is for free and I really spend a LOT of time which I could invest as a freelancer (and earn decent money) and Greenshot actually costs money. So we need the donations and the ads on our website! Although the amount of money this brings doesn't pay off by far, without it we would need to stop developing Greenshot. If everybody went to github directly, this would pretty much mean the end of Greenshot. It's already becoming very anoying that you can download it everywhere... and that a lot of people are earning more money via greenshot as we who create it.

We will make the other downloads visibile again on our new website, as soon as possible.