Menu

Shortcuts don´t work

MikeL
2016-03-20
2021-07-25
  • MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-20

Since some days Greenshot will not start with windows. In the log is a warning:
    [Greenshot] WARN - [GreenshotPlugin.Controls.HotkeyControl] Couldn't register hotkey modifier None virtualKeyCode PrintScreen

Even without Greenshot PrintScreen don´t work.When I try to set the shortcuts in Greenshot I get the message that the Shortcuts are used by an other program.

I cannot find a program on my system which use these shortcuts.

Last edit: MikeL 2016-03-20
  • Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-03-20

I 'm guessing you are using the latest Greenshot version (1.2.8.12)?
    Are you using Windows 10?? Or another, with OneDrive?

Check this out, the automatically activated OneDrive screenshot functionality might be your problem:
    http://merabheja.com/how-to-auto-save-screenshots-to-onedrive-by-printscreen/

Turn it of...

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-21

I use the latest Greenshot version 1.2.8.12 on Windows 10. Onedrive is not activ.

mike

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-03-21

Hello Mike,

did you install a different application "some days ago"? This might take over the PrintScreen button, like DropBox or something else?

Did you disable OneDrive yourself? It activates itself without asking, please DO make sure you check the checkbox for the screenshots. It should not be active... I wanted to add something to Greenshot which checks the settings of OneDrive, unfortunately these settings are stored in a weird binary file and not in the Registry... very much unlike Microsoft.

If you can't find the cause, you might want to check http://hkcmdr.anymania.com/ there is a tool which allows you to see which application registers which hotkey. Unfortunately the way to query this, is very "hack-like" and that is why we can't easily build something like that into Greenshot... :(

Best wishes,
    Robin

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-21

I turned Onedrive off with an entry in the registry:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Onedrive]
    "DisableFileSyncNGSC"=dword:00000001
    When I turn it on, I have no tab "Auto save".

I found that Shift-Printscreen and Ctrl-Shift-Printscreen are accepted and are working with Greenshot.
    The other typical shortcuts are rejected.

I used the Hotkey-Explorer to find out which program reserved Printscreen, Alt-Printscreen, Ctrl-Printscreen. They are not reserved by a program!
    Better don´t advise this program - it is absolute crazy. My whole desktop was destroyed.

In the last days I only installed a program for my HP-Printer. A lot of other programs were updated.

If You can change the discussion board, make links opening a new window or tab, I lost my answer 2 times.

mike

Last edit: MikeL 2016-03-21
  • Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-03-21

Mike,

sorry to hear your Desktop was destroyed, I couldn't find any other application for checking and it's really complex to build something that checks which application controls which hotkey... Windows doesn't have a documented API for it, so one needs to extract it via undocumented information...

I don't have control over the discussion board, actually this should not be a discussion but a BUG and reported here: https://greenshot.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BUG
    (As is reported on the right on our website: http://getgreenshot.org )

We are moving away from Source-Forge, due to the bad ticket system... imagine you work every day with it...

So, in fact we still didn't solve the issue...? I really don't have a clue, except that it is something on your PC. And I brough on OneDrive, as this was the cause of 100% of our current tickets.

Check the applications that are started automatically by windows (msconfig or the task manager can help) as I really don't know how to help. Maybe you have a stupid acer utility, I had this once, or something else that adds "nice" capture functionality...

Best wishes,
    Robin

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-21

In the moment I use Shift-Printsrceen. I will test all other programs which are activ what they do with this hotkeys. But what they do, when nothing happens???

mike

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-21

It is Dropbox.
    When Dropbox is started with Windowsstart, the Shortcuts are blocked and Greenshot don´t start.
    When I start Greenshot manually and choose "Ignore" Greenshot is started, but PrintScreen will be rejected. When I end Dropbox the Shortcuts are accepted in Greenshot.

But...
    when I start Dropbox again, PrintScreen is not rejected in Greenshot settings and works normally.

I think I am crazy. :-(

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-03-21

I already mentioned DropBox, we have seen this too...

When you start dropbox after Greenshot has "taken control" of the hotkey (shortcut), Dropbox will not complain but can't use the hotkey. So Greenshot will not complain?

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-21

Why I had the problem never before? Did Doropbox change something?
    Do I have a way to start Greenshot before Dropbox, to change the order of Autostart?

mike

• Robin Krom

Robin Krom - 2016-03-21

Sorry Mike, I can't know when you or your PC installs updates :)

If you only want to use Greenshot for screenshots, you will need to disable the screenshot functionality of Dropbox. Look in the settings for "Share screenshots using Dropbox.", and disable it.
    See here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/1964

Hope this helps.

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-03-22

Now I found the option - but it is disabled. :-((
    I use shift-Printscreen...

mike

• MikeL

MikeL - 2016-05-06

Dropbox issued a beta version 3.19.35 which solves this problem.

mike

• jack Gray

jack Gray - 2021-07-25

road runner internet will provide you the best quality email service in through out the USA we have large spectrum email problems assistance experts they will not just solve your problem they can also guide you to how to use rrmail.

https://www.spectrum-login.email/