From: Markus M. May <mmay@gm...> - 2003-08-20 00:18:55
finally I checked the stuff from Oliver in. Currently I am working a bit
on the design of the project. Because we would like to make Greebo
ant-independent, there are some changes.
1) I would like to make all of greebo configurable in one .properties or
2) Another xml file will contain the repositories (or should the repos
also be defined in the configuration.xml?) - Also some of the jars are
dependend on a specific repository (a small local repo e.g.), so how to
3) I believe that we will need a couple of Factories. For the Repository
as well as for the Artifacts???
4) make property file, which maps a repo type (e.g. MAVEN) to a specific
class, this type can then be used in the repository.xml (attribute of
5) make step 4) also for the artifacts
6) Rename dependency to artifact
7) make a base class (e.g. GreeboClient) which handles the configuration
and probably also reads the repository.xml and the artifacts.xml
8) the artifact should have an attribute for the loading time (runtime,
So, Ozben what do you think? Oliver?
even though it seems, that I am pretty much alone on this one, here another
mail concerning the reengineering of Greebo.
Last night I took a look at several "ProtocolHandler" and I found a pretty
good one at apache. Its name is VFS, and you can get a peek on this project at
So I believe, that the usage of this API will save a lot of our time, and I
would strongly suggest to use this one.