From: Thomas Mills Hinkle <tmhinkle@gm...> - 2005-01-17 01:22:06
I have uploaded Gourmet 0.7.1. Before putting up the announcement this
time, I'd like to let a day or so go buy for immediate testing. If one
of you with an RPM system could try out the RPM, I'd appreciate it.
You're getting this e-mail because you've emailed me recently about a
problem with Gourmet 0.7.0. Many of those concerns have been fixed
already. I'm also CCing the Gourmet mailing list, which has few to no
subscribers. If you're interested in the development and future of
Gourmet, I'd like to move all discussion of potential general-interest
to that list, to avoid needing to forward and CC messages to the few
of you who have started to correspond with me regularly about
Don't worry -- there aren't yet many of you, so this would be a very
low traffic mailing list subscription! The site for subscribing is:
Below are the list of changes in 0.7.1. Roland, if you can get a
Windows executable up, that would be great.
If you aren't interested in further development/testing/help, I won't
bug you again. I just wanted to encourage those who've been in touch
to sign up to the mailing list, so I can use that in the future and so
conversations about the direction of Gourmet can be open to input from
more people. I also realized I often let out tarballs with minor bugs,
and to the extent that I can get new versions of gourmet tested on
more than the two linux boxes I have here, the better!
Improvements in 0.7.1
* RPM spec file fixed so dependencies should be properly worked out
now. (thanks to Jeff Schroeder for help with this!)
* Debian files included in source tarball.
* Unit Converter improvements with help from Richard Ferguson (more UI
improvements soon to come!)
* Printing is now properly reported as non-existent across the board on Windows
* Non-GNOME printing is now improved -- if LPR doesn't exist, user is
prompted for another print command.
* Fixed bug in recipe-card making it believe it is modified when a
recipe has no servings information.
* Fixed bug in shopping list that prevented category info entered in
"Add Item To Shopping List" dialog not
* Moved around some files: printing has now been split into
lprprinter, winprinter and gnomeprinter;
defaults_en_US has been eliminated (defaults_en is now the norm).
* Gourmet can now be called with options to specify the location of
glade and other files (this helps speed up testing!).