Images not saving

Help
2005-11-28
2013-05-14
  • Joel Swartz

Joel Swartz - 2005-11-28

I'm having difficulty saving images to a recipe. Seems to work intermittently.  I can click on the "Add Image" button and end up with the image on the recipe view, but after saving, the image isn't linked.

Running successfully on Debian, other than this problem.  What should I check or post for help?

• tom

tom - 2005-11-28

What version are you using?

My experience has been that the "stable" version has a known issue where images don't show up in the index view until quitting and restarting, but the images do show up properly if you add, save, close, and reopen the recipe card view.

On the development branch (0.9.x), I've found that saving an image in a recipe card makes it show up in the index view as well as in the recipe card itself.

If your issue is something other than this problem, submit a bug report with the specifics, ideally attaching the image causing the problem and any output you get on the terminal if you run gourmet from the commandline.

• Joel Swartz

Joel Swartz - 2005-11-29

I'm using 8.6.5.1 on my Debian (Unstable) system. I've tried several times to save the image but to no avail.

I also tried to "upgrade" to 0.9.1, but I get the following error, both using the .deb package and using the source:

joels@debian2:~/Documents/gourmet-0.9.1$ gourmet
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 13, in ?
          from gourmet.OptionParser import *
        File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/__init__.py", line 14, in ?
          import keymanager
        File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/keymanager.py", line 150
          total_count = sum(m.count for m in srch)
                                      ^
      SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I have both 2.3 and 2.4 versions of Pyhton; maybe that's the problem?  I'm not sure if I can simply apt-get remove 2.3 (or 2.4)?

• Joel Swartz

Joel Swartz - 2005-11-29

I'm using 8.6.5.1 on my Debian (Unstable) system. I've tried several times to save the image but to no avail.

I also tried to "upgrade" to 0.9.1, but I get the following error, both using the .deb package and using the source:

joels@debian2:~/Documents/gourmet-0.9.1$ gourmet
        File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 13, in ?
          from gourmet.OptionParser import *
        File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/__init__.py", line 14, in ?
          import keymanager
        File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/keymanager.py", line 150
          total_count = sum(m.count for m in srch)
                                      ^
      SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I have both 2.3 and 2.4 versions of Pyhton; maybe that's the problem?  I'm not sure if I can simply apt-get remove 2.3 (or 2.4)?

• tom

tom - 2005-11-29

Oops -- that's still in 0.9.1, eh? You could grab from CVS head and that sum() error will be taken care of. Or you could point your /usr/bin/gourmet to python2.4 instead of python (just change the top line).

• Joel Swartz

Joel Swartz - 2005-11-30

I installed 0.9.1 on another PC I have with kubuntu/pyhton2.4.  There is a pyhton metakit for 2.4.  Here is the interesting part.  That system still has problems saving images, but ONLY if I import the recipe, e.g. from a web page!  If I manually create a recipe, I can add the image and have it saved properly.  I tried this several times to verify.

Back on my Debian box, the same situation occurs with 8.6.5.1.  On that system, all of the recipes were imported from another recipe system I use, via MM formatted files.  there too, I can save an image perfectly, but only if I create the recipe directly.

I also tried the CVS version on the debian box.  Install, etc went fine, and opens the databse OK, but if I try to VIEW a recipe the system loops with nothing but a spinning cursor and with error messages shown below.

I'll be happy to run any tests for you.  Please advise, and see if you can duplicate my situation.

****************BEGIN CONSOLE OUPUT*********

(Gourmet joels@debian2:~$ gourmet
        Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `urgency_hint' for class `GtkDialog'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `urgency_hint' for class `GtkWindow'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `child_pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `urgency_hint' for class `GtkWindow'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'

(Gourmet Recipe Manager:14707): libglade-WARNING **: unknown property `child_pack_direction' for class `GtkMenuBar'
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/reccard.py", line 59, in custom_handler
            w= f(s1,s2,i1,i2)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/reccard.py", line 55, in <lambda>
            self.makeNutritionLabel = lambda *args: NutritionLabel(self.prefs)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/nutrition/nutritionLabel.py", line 172, in __init__
            self.attach(eb,0,2,3,4,ypadding=12)
        TypeError: GtkTable.attach() argument 8 impossible<bad format char>

File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 651, in show
            w=reccard.RecCard(self, rec)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/reccard.py", line 86, in __init__
            self.get_widgets()
          File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gourmet/reccard.py", line 173, in get_widgets
            lambda *args: (self.create_ing_alist()
        TypeError: unknown signal name

joels@debian2:~$ gourmet