SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

import OLD recipe database failure

Help
Stacy
2006-04-03
2013-05-14
  • Stacy

Stacy - 2006-04-03

I have installed and re-installed 0.9.1.2 but am unable to import the old database.  I have noticed that this problem has been occurring for some time.  Has anyone figured it out yet?  I'm getting frustrated.  I'm tempted to dump all of my recipes and start all over.
    Help, Please!!!!

• nanotube

nanotube - 2006-04-04

Hmm... there is no release 0.9.1.2... so which one is it that you are trying to install?
      also, as long as you are playing with the "unstable" branch, why not try the latest, and see if the problem has been resolved?
      and another also - if you post the exact error message that you get when importing, that might be helpful, as well. :)

• armin

armin - 2006-04-28

I just installed ver. 0.11.1 over ver. 0.8.5.14 and after starting the program I get the following error pop-up. After clicking 'OK' the program exits.

Database Connection failed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/share/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 417, in init_recipes
          check_for_data_to_import(self.rd)
        File "/usr/share/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 57, in check_for_data_to_import
          upgradeHandler.import_backup_file(
        File "/usr/share/gourmet/upgradeHandler.py", line 210, in import_backup_file
          action = da.adapt(table_name,row)
        File "/usr/share/gourmet/upgradeHandler.py", line 103, in adapt
          return self.adapters[table_name](table_name,row)
        File "/usr/share/gourmet/upgradeHandler.py", line 153, in handle_recipe
          crow = {'id':row['id'],
      NameError: global name 're' is not defined

It seems that there is a problem importing the data from the previous version.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• tom

tom - 2006-04-28

This bug has already been reported and fixed in CVS HEAD -- I just need to get around to packaging this up and you'll have a fix.

• armin

armin - 2006-06-18

any news on this? thanks.

• tom

tom - 2006-06-18

Have you tried 0.11.2? According to my previous message, I'd put the fix in CVS as of April 28th, and the 0.11.2 release was made on May 1st, so I assume the issue was fixed as of that release.