Close

Error Log

Help
hlewton
2005-09-25
2013-05-14
  • hlewton

hlewton - 2005-09-25

When trying to use Gourmet Recipe manager I get errors that cause it to terminate.  What can be done to correct this?  I am using XP Pro as the OS.  The Gourmet log shows the following message:

C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\recindex.py:316: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_store_set_value: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, tree_store)' failed
    C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\recindex.py:316: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_store_set_value: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, tree_store)' failed

Thanks.

• nanotube

nanotube - 2005-09-25

hi,
      could you post which version of gourmet you are using? if it is the most recent one of either stable or unstable, try to run the gourmet debug shortcut (should be in your start menu folder there), and post the output of that?

those gtk warnings dont seem too critical, so i doubt they are the ones causing the crash. so there is probably something else going on there. but at this point, that's just a guess.

• edbro

edbro - 2005-09-27

I too get a similar error every time I use the program:
        C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\reccard.py:1653: GtkWarning: gtk_combo_box_entry_set_text_column: assertion `entry_box->priv->text_column == -1' failed
        sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_accel_group_disconnect: assertion `GTK_IS_ACCEL_GROUP (accel_group)' failed
        C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\reccard.py:1653: GtkWarning: gtk_combo_box_entry_set_text_column: assertion `entry_box->priv->text_column == -1' failed
        sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_accel_group_disconnect: assertion `GTK_IS_ACCEL_GROUP (accel_group)' failed

All I have to do is call up the program, look at one recipe and close it all. On closing I get the error message that tells me to look at the log file.

GRM 0.8.5.12

• hlewton

hlewton - 2005-09-26

Hi and thanks for the reply.

It is version 0.8.5.12.

I have no Gourmet debug shortcut.  Even though it may not be critical it shuts down Gourmet Recipe Manager and it has to be restarted to continue using it.

• nanotube

nanotube - 2005-09-26

Hi,
      then, can you describe the actions you take that cause gourmet to crash? Do you notice any patterns, or does it appear to happen completely randomly?

• hlewton

hlewton - 2005-09-27

Hi nanotube,

The actions I take are:
      1. I copy and paste a recipe from another program into Gourmet on the description page,
      2. I modify the other pages to reflect the recipe including the Ingredients page,
      3. After 3 such cycles the Gourmet Recipe Manager crashes and has to be restarted for me to continue.

Thanks.