problems importing old recipes

Help
acattelan
2006-07-25
2013-05-14
  • acattelan

acattelan - 2006-07-25

Hi there,
    I've tried installing and using gourmet_0.11.3-1_all.deb on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 but I've experienced some problems in importing my old recipes into the new format. This is the error reported by Gourmet:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 440, in init_recipes
        check_for_data_to_import(self.rd)
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 64, in check_for_data_to_import
        upgradeHandler.import_backup_file(
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/upgradeHandler.py", line 248, in import_backup_file
        da.cleanup(rm)
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/upgradeHandler.py", line 109, in cleanup
        self.rc.do_conversions(db)
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/importers/importer.py", line 518, in do_conversions
        db.modify_rec(db.get_rec(id),{'rating':self.conversions[str(rating).lower()]})
    KeyError: 'good'

If needed, I can post the whole shell output with all the messages displayed by gourmet, and the recipe.mk file.

Everything works fine with gourmet_0.8.6.5.1-1_i386.deb.

How can I get around this problem and import my old recipes?

Thanks for any help,
    Ale.

• tom

tom - 2006-07-25

If you can post the recipes.mk file, I can try to make sure that the next version will be able to upgrade properly.
      In the mean time, you can get around this by re-installing the old version, exporting as gourmet XML, and then importing from the new version by hand.

• acattelan

acattelan - 2006-07-25

I've tried exporting an old recipe in xml format and then importing it into the latest version. Importing seems to work but then the recipe won't open up and I get this error:

~$ gourmet
        /usr/share/gourmet/importers/__init__.py:3: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII charac ter '\xc3' in file /usr/share/gourmet/importers/rezkonv_importer.py on line 41, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for detai ls
          import gxml2_importer, rezkonv_importer
        Player is  gourmet.sound_gnome.Player
        /usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py:128: GtkWarning: Failed to set label from markup d ue to error parsing markup: Errore alla riga 1 carattere 49: È stato chiuso l'el emento "markup", ma l'elemento correntemente aperto è "b"
          self.glade = gtk.glade.XML(os.path.join(gladebase,'recCard.glade'))
        Very odd: no match for <gourmet.backends.sql_db.RowObject instance at 0xb6ac3e0c > refid: 2
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py", line 711, in show
            w=reccard.RecCard(self, rec)
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 96, in __init__
            self.updateRecipe(recipe,show=False)
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 579, in updateRecipe
            self.updateRec(rec)
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 604, in updateRec
            self.resetIngredients()
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 809, in resetIngredients
            self.update_nutrition_info()
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 740, in update_nutrition_info
            ings = self.list_all_ings(self.current_rec)
          File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 727, in list_all_ings
            raise "WTF! Can't find ",i.refid
        WTF! Can't find : 2

As for the recipe.mk file, I've discovered that I don't know how to post it to the list... Is there an upload function? Or maybe I can send it to you by email.

• tom

tom - 2006-07-25

Ah -- you're right -- you can't attach to the Help thread. You'll need to create a bug report (which this deserves anyway) and then you can create the attachment.

Just click on "Bugs" and then "Submit new" to create the bug report -- title it something like "Upgrade from 0.8.6.5 (or whatever the precise number was) to 0.X (whatever version you've got of the newest) fails to import recipes."
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=108118&atid=649652

• acattelan

acattelan - 2006-07-25

I can't upload my recipe.mk file as it is too big (269,5 kB). Any way around this? :o)

• tom

tom - 2006-07-26

Argh -- you can just e-mail me -- tmhinkle AT gmail DOT com