From: Don Allingham <dallingham@us...> - 2003-09-30 12:14:33
IN case you missed the announcement on gramps-announce, 0.9.4 has been
released, and is available at http://sf.net/projects/gramps. Source code
and a Red Hat RPM are available for download. Binary packages for other
distributions may become available in the near future.
The most visible changes are new icons in the side bar, an alternate
layout for the Family View (you can choose top to bottom or left to
right), browser style navigation, and you can now select if you want the
Person View or the Family View to be the default view.
Version 0.9.4 -- the "This used to bug me..." release
* More compliance with GNOME HIG.
* Fixed style problems for book items.
* New Book item: Custom Text.
* New export plugin: Web Family Tree.
* GEDCOM import and export fixes.
* WebPage enchancement: mini-ancestor tree (Daryle C. Lewis).
* Intelligent guessing of whether the person is alive.
* Various Merge and Import fixes.
* More privacy options for GEDCOM export.
* New types of filter rules:
(1) Iterating over other filters;
(2) Specifying number of generations away for ancestors and descendants.
* Preliminary support for printing copies of reports.
* Performance improvements for list views.
* Context menus in Family View upon right-click.
* Relationship Graph improvements.
* Proper saving of standard family relations, event types, and attributes.
* New interface for adding/editing filter rules.
* Configure/build improvements.
* Removal of intl*.so and switching to Python's gettext.
* Python2.3 compliance.
* User can choose either the People or Family view as default
* New icons for People and Family sidebar buttons.
* History-based browser-style navigation tools:
(1) Back and Forward toolbad buttons;
(2) Go menu with Back, Forward, Home, and History items;
(3) History popups upon right-clicking on Back and Forward buttons;
(4) Context menus in the People, Family, and Pedigree Views.
* User can choose between the usual (left to right) or alternative (top to
bottom) Family View.
* Support for graphics in Book Report.
* Command line option for exporting to the Web Family Tree (-f wtf).
* Dozens of bug fixes.
Don Allingham <dallingham@...>
GRAMPS - Open Source Genealogy