From: Eero Tamminen <eerot@us...> - 2007-01-01 21:38:38
While testing Gramps 2.2.4, I noticed following issues in the www-site
- Name type showing is wrong. Currently it shows the type for the whole
name although the type might apply only for the part of the name
(usually it applies only for surname)
- Nick name attributes are included both into names and attributes.
- If persons don't have any surname, just patronymic, they are listed
in the surname list with empty surname
- Not all of people's surnames are listed in the surname list
To fix these, I suggest following:
- In the surnames page:
- First show list of patronyms for persons who don't have surnames
- Then show list of surnames for persons who have surnames
- List all surnames/patronyms, not just the preferred one
- for person information, list all of persons names:
- Show name type separately for each name
- Have also date when the name has changed (if available)
- Show nick name only in the names list (although it's an attribute)
Also, I think the name types should have "Taken/changed name" standard type.
If somebody changes his/her name, it's an official and known name not an
unknown one (nor gotten at birth nor from marriage nor an unofficial one as
"known as" name type).