1. Is it possible or suitable to add two minor changes before 3.1
(schedule exception) or should be added on trunk only as feature
requests ? It is related to Dialog used after running tools (patchs
added), changes should improve coherency for users :
* To add an information dialog on EventNames.py (like others DB
* To use OkDialog instead of ErrorDialog for displaying dialog on
'Find Dupplicate' tool
Same question for :
* No overwrite warning when creating web reports
2. Also for updating tips (roadmap), maybe should be asked on users
mailing list or related to answers for common questions on FAQ.
I do not add tips but I think we might make minor changes (updates) :
<b>Unsure of a Date?</b> If you're unsure about the date an event
(for example birth or death), GRAMPS allows you to enter a wide
range of date formats based on a guess or an estimate. For instance,
"about 1908" is a valid entry for a birth date in GRAMPS.
- See section 18.104.22.168 of the GRAMPS manual for a complete description of
+ See wiki manual of the GRAMPS for a complete description of
date entry options.
- <b>Different Views</b>: There are nine different views for
+ <b>Different Views</b>: There are twelve different views for
- People, Relationships, Family List, Pedigree, Events, Sources,
+ Gramplets, People, Relationships, Family List, Pedigree, Events,
Sources, Places, Media
- and Repositories. Each helps you to achieve one or more specific
+ Repositories, Notes and (Html, Maps ?). Each helps you to achieve
one or more specific tasks.
GRAMPS allows you to generate a number of reports (both text and
based on your genealogical information. There is great flexibility in
selecting what people are included in the reports as well as the output
- format (html, pdf, OpenOffice, RTF, AbiWord, KWord, LaTeX and
+ format (html, pdf, Open Document Text, RTF, LaTeX and plain text).
Experiment with the reports under the <b>Reports</b> menu to get an idea
of how powerful GRAMPS is.
Interested in getting notified when a new version of GRAMPS is released?
Join the gramps-announce mailing list at
Is it still active ?
- Relationship calculators in GRAMPS are available in ten languages.
+ Relationship calculators in GRAMPS are available in fifteen languages.
- To run GRAMPS, you need to have GNOME installed. But you do not
need to be
+ To run GRAMPS, you need to have GTK installed. But you do not need
running the GNOME desktop.
This will break translations by marking this strings as "fuzzy".
Translators need to validate or change new translated strings...
Does everybody agree ?
-- Jérôme R.
Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San
-OSBC tackles the biggest issue in open source: Open Sourcing the
-Strategies to boost innovation and cut costs with open source
-Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source
Gramps-devel mailing list