Thanks for the great work everybody. Especially the new contributors (you know who you are) who made it possible to finish all the last open problems.
Nevertheless, for safety, create a .gramps xml file via export in 3.2.x before upgrading. Better safe than sorry.
This version of Gramps has some great features, now full steam ahead for a possible 4.0 in 2012 based on new base libraries and who knows, large source support, mobile version, cloud version, .... ??
Version 3.3.0 -- the "Prelude to the next version" new feature release. Note this version contains many new features, including:
You can download Gramps from this location on Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/3.3.0/
- many translation updates: Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Irish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Swedish, Ukrainian, and more!
- new "person name" dialog and workflow with better (or new!) support for nickname, complicated multiple surnames, patronymic as surname, family nickname, and name format preferences
- gramplet bottombar and sidebar per view, with new gramplets such as details view and image metadata viewer/editor
- ability to tag objects; this is the next version of what used to be called "markers" in previous versions of Gramps
- geography view now uses osm-gps-map
- new locality field in the place editor; hierarchy is now: Country, State, County, City, Locality, Street
- automatic check and upgrade of plugins on startup
- improved merge support of objects
- better descendant/ancestor tree reports
- undo/redo on entry fields (CTRL+Z, CTRL+SHIFT+Z)
- backup option in the exporter
- exporter based on filters with preview
- many more changes; ysee http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.3_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F
Package maintainers -- please note the other discussion thread on gramps-devel in regards to new and/or changed dependencies! Please e-mail me directly if you've packaged Gramps 3.3.0 and I'll post it for you on Sourceforge.
EditLive Enterprise is the world's most technically advanced content
authoring tool. Experience the power of Track Changes, Inline Image
Editing and ensure content is compliant with Accessibility Checking.
Gramps-devel mailing list