I have now created the MacPorts Portfile for Gramps 3.2.0, and have asked for this to be uploaded to MacPorts.
I would be very interested to know how many people are currently using Gramps on Macintosh, which version/port of Gramps they are using, which hardware architecture and which version of the Operating System they are using.
I installed a fresh copy of MacPorts and built Gramps 3.2.0 from scratch. On my Mac OS X 10.4.11 iMac iSight (2.1 GHx PowerPC G5) this took 12 hours 53 minutes. I have tested the new MacPorts version in this environment.
There were a few problems that have now been fixed in MacPorts. The remaining issues are:
(1) If you had a previous installation of Gramps, you have to rename/move aside /Applications/MacPorts when you do a fresh install.
(3) The WriteCD plugin is unavailable. This relies on GNOME and has not been made to work on OS X.
(4) The spelling checker is not installed because there is no MacPort of the python bindings to gtkspell, this results in the warning: "14484: WARNING: Spell.py: line 66: Spelling checker is not installed".
(5) A warning message is produced: "Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0"." According to the MacPorts FAQ (http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#randr
) "It's harmless and you should ignore it".
(7) When going into the file chooser (for example on export or import or plugin manager, you may get the warning: "GtkWarning: Unable to find default local directory monitor type". This doen't seem to be very serious, and seems to be a "more general gtk issue". See http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg03464.html
The latest version of MacPorts Gramps prior to this is 3.0.4.
The latest official stable fink version is 1.0.10 for Mac OS X 10.4. The latest official unstable fink version is
3.0.4 for Mac OS X 10.5.